The Environment Agency (EA) has published an update to the Model procedures for the management of land contamination (CLR11).
The updated online guidance is called: Land contamination: risk management (LCRM).
The EA is asking for feedback on the technical content and structure by 5 December 2019.
The current guidance, CLR11 was introduced in 2004 and has never been updated.
The scope, purpose and the framework of LCRM remains the same as the old CLR11 . The reformed content:
- represents up-to-date government guidance on land contamination risk management
- is intended to be accessible for people with disabilities – for example, be usable with assistive technology like screen readers
- is intended to be navigable, concise, clear and understandable to all
- is web-based, easier to manage, maintain and keep up to date
- is now more user focussed, shorter and easier to understand
- is clear on what you have to do and where to find out more
- is aimed at people that might be doing this for the first time as well as experienced professionals
- is available online
The technical language, terminology and content has been updated, explained and retained where necessary. Repetition and general background information has been removed so that the EA can meet GOV.UK publishing requirements.